Thursday 10 August 2017

Sid from Dil Chahta Hai

Dil Chahta Hai completed 16 years today and my heart is filled up with so many memories and emotions right now. I watched this film very late in 2011 for the first time, but after that it has stayed with me at so many points in my life. I love the way film portrays friendship and love. I love the way film celebrates youth. I love the way Farhan Akhtar has portrayed that best friends can have different aspects for the things and relations in life.


For me the most important reason for loving this film is Akshaye Khanna’s character- Sid. I can not describe how much I love his character. I love his surity that how his friends will behave in particular situation. He does not know much about how to crack jokes & end up saying serious things, giving advices and taking care of people. I can relate to his unconventional thinking about love. I love him the way he devotes himself to art, like all other people are chatting and enjoying at graduation party, but he makes sketch of Shalini, whom he does not even know. He wants to make a portrait of Tara, and believes that it would be best painting made by him. I love the way he takes care of his friends, love the way he pays attention to them very carefully while they talk, love the way he hugs Sameer and asks about his life after returning from Kasauli and hugs Akash towards the end of the film in hospital, I believe that he hugs Akash like he has got his life back, because he is the kind of a person who has so much importance of friendship in his life. Even at Chapora Fort, Goa, he thinks that he might lose his friends. Someday I will write a full long blog post on Sid only. Till then this photo, various moods of Sid in the film... Thank you Farhan Akhtar for giving me Sid. There are so many people like Akash and Sameer, but there are very few like Sid.


No comments:

Post a Comment